Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere. When these accidents happen on someone else’s property, it’s important to figure out if negligence contributed to the accident.
If so, victims may be able to pursue financial recovery via a premises liability claim.
At Finderson Law, LLC, our Fort Wayne lawyers are skilled at helping injured people pursue compensation for accidents occurring on others’ properties. With more than 20 years of legal experience, our attorneys have the skills and insight to protect the value of your claim and bring it to the best possible outcome. We are ready to explain your rights and options during a free initial consultation.
Call (260) 420-8600 or email us to schedule an initial consultation with us today.
You have nothing to lose – and possibly a lot to gain – by getting more information about your recovery options.
Types of Premises Liability Claims
Premises liability claims can come in various forms, depending on where and how an accident occurs. At Finderson Law, LLC, our attorneys are experienced at bringing an array of premises liability claims to successful resolutions. Some of the various types of premises liability cases we’re effective at resolving include those involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Stairway accidents
- Escalator and elevator accidents
- Pool accidents
- Accidents caused by a lack of security, falling objects or a failure to remove ice/snow
- Accidents occurring at retail stores, grocery stores, movie theaters, amphitheaters, amusement parks, public buildings and various other settings.
In these and other premises liability claims, the following are just some of the parties that may be liable for an accident:
- A land or building owner
- A building or store manager
- A landlord
- Anyone else who was responsible for a property.
Do I Have a Premises Liability Claim?
Whether you have a premises liability claim will depend on the specifics of your accident. According to Indiana law, the following must apply to a given accident in order for a claim to be valid:
- The party responsible for the property owed the plaintiff (i.e., the accident victim) a duty of care – While this duty is owed to invitees or licensees, it is not owed to trespassers.
- The responsible party breached the duty of care by, for example, failing to maintain safe premises or by failing to warn the plaintiff of the known risks or dangers on the property
- The breach of duty caused the accident and the plaintiff’s injuries.
A lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC can review the facts of your accident and explain whether you have a premises liability claim.
What to Do after a Premises Liability Accident
Knowing what to do after being hurt in an accident on someone else’s property can be crucial to protecting your wellbeing, as well as your rights and a future claim for compensation.
In general, here are the most important steps to take after an accident on someone else’s property:
- Report the accident to the on-site authority (like the landlord, manager or building owner)
- Take pictures of the scene and any visible injuries you have
- Seek immediate medical attention to get your injuries diagnosed and treated as soon as possible
- Write down a detailed account of what happened immediately before, during and after the accident
- Save everything, including what you were wearing that day, as well as any doctors’ bills, insurance company documents, etc.
- Contact a lawyer to discuss your potential claim and how to proceed with it.
How a Lawyer Can Help with a Premises Liability Claim
Premises liability claims can be complicated. Having a lawyer on your side, guiding you through the process, can be essential to the success of a claim.
Some of the specific things an attorney can help you with when it’s time to pursue a premises liability claim include:
- Handling all of the administrative work to initiate your claim
- Ensuring all case deadlines are met
- Gathering all of the evidence necessary to prove liability and preserve the value of your claim
- Advocating your rights to recovery at every phase of your claim.
With a lawyer on your side, you can concentrate on your physical and emotional recovery while a legal professional handles everything necessary to position your financial recovery for success.
You Don’t Have to Recover Alone: Contact a Fort Wayne Personal Injury Lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC
If you or someone you love has been hurt in any type of premises liability accident, contact a Fort Wayne personal injury lawyer at Finderson Law, LLC to get answers about your potential claim. Call (260) 420-8600 or email us to set up a free, no obligations consultation and discover more about your recovery options.
Our attorneys are diligent, dedicated problem solvers who are ready to partner with you and build you the strongest possible case. Throughout the course of your case, we will work tirelessly to relieve your stress, provide you with exceptional representation and bring your claim to the best possible outcome.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to find out more about your legal options and how our representation can make all the difference in your claim.
We’ve helped hundreds of clients. Our history of providing the highest quality legal services – and delivering exceptional results – has earned us a 5-star rating on Facebook.
From offices in Fort Wayne, we are proud to represent clients throughout Allen County and the state of Indiana.